As we wind down the last few weeks of the season things are starting to shake out, but there’s still a bit of uncertainty left.
The Rabbits officially join the Edgars and pUSHing chains as having been eliminated from Super Bowl contention. Terry moves up into third place, and Jason is now in 2nd with only a game separating them, but Jason holds the 2-1 season series edge, so Terry must win two and Jason must lose 2 for Terry to take over 2nd. Anand has a 2 game edge over Terry, but in that case Terry holds the head-to-head tiebreaker edge, so if Terry wins both his game and Anand loses both of his, Terry would knock Anand out of the championship game.
There is an unlikely, but nevertheless possible scenario where Anand loses 2 games, Jason loses 1 game, and Terry wins both of his games. If that were to happen it would be a 3-way tie at the top with each team at 9-6. But each of the three teams has finished the season series at 2-1 against one team, and 1-2 against the other, so they would all have a 3-3 combined head-to-head record against each other. If that were to happen, the tiebreaker would go to total points scored across all three, with the lowest point total left out of the championship.
It is possible (again highly unlikely) that the total points could also end up in a tie for the final playoff position. I think i used to have multiple additional tiebreakers defined, but if I did, they’re long gone, so if total points does not decide the outcome for the championship game, we will go with a coin flip (or some other randomly generated outcome). That coin flip tiebreaker will ONLY apply for playoff eligibility. The tied players would split the winnings for total points evenly.
Anand just squeaked out another weekly win, his 3rd of the season. He extended his lead in the overall points race to nearly 38 points, while Terry moved up to 2nd with about a 33 point lead over me. Jason dropped from 2nd to 4th, trailing me by 12, but more importantly trailing the 2nd (final paying) spot by 45.
Rather than get into full game recaps, here are a few quick-hitter thoughts
Fitzchize 222.04, Fly Eagles Fly 157.58
- As implied in the title to this article, David Johnson is pretty good.
- Andrew Luck and Joe Flacco both scored 4 TDs. Both were on the Fitzchize bench. (Did you actually think the Jets could stop anyone?)
- Eagles had 5 players score less than 4 points including two scoring zero.
Rabbit Killers 218.46, Killed Rabbits 192.38
- Elmer Fudd finally got his wish, killing off the Rabbits for this season.
- I guess it’s duck season, especially if you saw some of Drew Brees’ throws for the Rabbits
- No one for the Rabbit Killers scored over 25, but 7 players scored more than 18 points
pUSHing chains 146.98, The Klinks 135.40
- 146.98 is the lowest score this season to win a game and both scores were among the eight lowest of the season.
- You guys realize you don’t get a better draft pick next year if you finish in last, right?
- Out of 26 starters in this game, only one player topped 20 points.